AMP Europe 2018 Young Investigator Travel Awards
Application is closed.
The AMP Global Young Investigator Awards provide travel assistance to the AMP Europe 2018 conference to help nurture the next generation of molecular professionals in laboratory medicine. Young Investigators are considered as:
- technologists, technicians, medical/technical assistants, (up to six years of conferral of a degree or technician certificate)
- trainees (graduate/medical students at the master’s or doctoral level, or residents), or
- early career fellows (up to six years after graduating with a doctoral degree).
- be a Young Investigator as defined above.
- lack funding for travel and/or registration to the AMP Europe 2018 conference from their institution.
- provide confirmation of trainee status and lack of institutional funding from their supervisor or program director (see Part B below).
- secure any necessary travel visas and provide documentation for permission to attend the AMP Europe 2018 conference.
- agree to attend the awards ceremony at the AMP Europe 2018 conference to personally accept the travel award.
- submit a brief report to AMP within a month of the conclusion of the AMP Europe 2018 conference summarizing his/her experiences and what s/he learned by attending the AMP Europe 2018 conference.
Note: Authorship on an abstract submitted to the AMP Europe 2018 conference is preferred, but not required.
Part A: Tasks for the Trainee Applicant to perform:
- Prepare support documents:
- Current CV or resume
- Statement of Interest that includes:
- Description of your commitment, experience, and interest in molecular diagnostics.
- Description of what you expect to gain from attending the AMP Europe 2018 conference. For example, how you believe the knowledge gained will expand your current understanding of molecular diagnostics, how it will benefit you in your current position, and/or how it will enhance your career.
- If you are an author on an abstract that has been submitted for the AMP Europe 2018 conference, include a copy of the abstract in either MS Word or PDF format. Note: Authorship on an abstract submitted to the AMP Europe 2018 conference is preferred but not required.
- Complete and submit an online application
- Confirm that your supervisor or program director submits the required communication indicating that neither your travel nor registration for the AMP Europe 2018 conference is funded by your institution (see Part B, below).
Part B: Tasks for the Young Investigator’s Supervisor or Program Director to perform:
The trainee applicant’s Supervisor or Program Director sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Applicant’s Name and Young Investigator Status (Trainee/Employee) or Position
- Description of financial support, if any, provided by the institution:
- Registration: full, partial (amount), or none
- Airfare and/or ground transportation: full, partial (amount), or none
- Hotel: full, partial (amount), or none
- Meals: full, partial (amount), or none
- Supervisor or Program Director’s name and contact information